Sunday, November 3, 2013

Home is where you make it.

I am back home in Idaho. I had a very tumultuous last few days there in Everett, and it was a very rough trip besides. I made it back, and now it's time for the healing to really begin. I had been told by a few people that I needed to be outside my comfort zone and away from my family and friends to really grow - and while that was true for a little while, it seemed my being gone actually lost me great opportunities I had taken for granted here. I will strive to not make that mistake again. On the matter of growth, I understand better now all things that are not constructive or conducive to my life are not to be wasted time on. There has been much drama also around me, and I realize now I was inviting much of that into myself. This I will also not bring about anymore, or if I cannot help it, remove myself fully from the situation. Another issue that I will rectify is holding grudges. Bear in mind there are some who have wronged me in my life, who may deserve scorn, though the Buddha stated most wisely: "holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting the other person to die." - hence forth I also forgive all past transgressions, and wish those who transpired them honest peace.
A very good friend just gave me the heading of simplifying my life. I aim to do just that.

Lots of changes to come dear friends, though for the better.
"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."
-William Earnest Henley

Pictures will continue when I have my PC up... again. Shouldn't be too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment